Gargiulo’s Restaurant began in Coney Island in 1907, as a small family owned business located on Mermaid Avenue. As the business and the Gargiulo family expanded, the business relocated to its present location on West 15th Street. The Grand Ballroom played host to many weddings and other social events. Patrons enjoyed making memories with good friends and great food. The Russo Brothers began their foray into the hospitality industry in the early 1960’s, opening a 16 seat pizzeria on Nostrand Avenue. Da Luigi, an 80 seat venue, was their next location, which was very popular from its opening featuring their family recipes from Sorrento, Italy. As their sights were always set higher, the brothers looked for the next opportunity to expand their business.